JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa opened Tidal Cove, a 3,000-person water park with 11 slides, two new restaurants and a surf simulator.
Tidal Cove is the final piece in a two-year expansion and remodel. The $150 million project tripled the hotel’s convention space, redesigned the lobby area and added nearly 300 hotel rooms after the demolition and rebuilding of one of its four towers.
Turnberry Resort VP and Managing Director Jeffrey Klein said Tidal Cove could help bring in more vacationers, locals and convention groups to the property. The new amenity is expected to boost social membership numbers, he said.
“We’ve taken a water park and have literally dropped it right into the middle of Aventura,” he said. “It has everything a family could want, and you don’t have to drive to Disney.”
Highlights of Tidal Cove:
- 60-foot tower with seven waterslides designed by Canada-based WhiteWater.
- First-ever FlowRider Triple surf simulator, with lessons at an additional cost.
- 4,000-square-foot kids’ play area with four additional slides.
- Two new restaurants, including Surf House, which serves craft cocktails and seafood.
- An executive chef whose sole focus is on Tidal Cove’s restaurants.
- A quarter-mile-long lazy river.
- One-day membership options for non-country club members and those not staying at the resort ($75, Monday-Thursday; $105, Friday-Sunday)
- Two lawn areas open for reservations.
- 25 cabanas.
Nichols Brosch Wurst Wolfe (NBWW) is the architect for JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa.
Read more HERE >>> Source: South FL Biz Journal https://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/news/2019/05/21/turnberry-resort-spa-opens-water-park.html